Account Executive for Special Events
Curtis Bay, MD
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced field technician looking to transition to a more stable environment and spend a little less time out in the field. You can leverage all the years of experience, knowledge, and long days in this industry to continue to be a key player in interesting and diverse productions. Evaluate and realize the company’s full potential to service client wants and needs using your own special events industry experience in stage construction, audio engineering, rigging, and lighting while also utilizing tools such as marketing, sales, information management, and customer service. An Account Executive is responsible for and directly involved in the overall success of a production from beginning to end.
- Have an in depth understanding of audio, lighting, staging, and rigging equipment including relevant field/technical experience
- Understand the basics of video and projection equipment
- Understand labor needs in order to address event needs
- Specify correct equipment when speaking to a client
- Effectively communicate information based on client wants and needs to a draftsman. Big plus if you have Vectorworks or AutoCAD experience
- Strict attention to detail and sharp retention skills
- Service existing client base
- Promote all products and services offered
- Write and submit professional quotes and proposals in a timely manner
- Create Production Schedules & associated paperwork for each show
- Supervise and coordinate production jobs in the shop and onsite
- Locate and budget cross rentals, and subcontractors
- Attend pre-production site visits and production meetings with clients both in person and virtually
- Work with Operations staff on event scheduling, production details, etc.
- Visit show sites to interact with customers and act as the company representative onsite
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to assess, organize, and execute a plan for the successful completion of complex projects within a limited time frame.
- Participating in performance evaluations and establishing sales goals
- Ability to receive feedback from clients constructively and pass that feedback along to your peers.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills with follow through for post-event analysis
- Generating new business to expanding customer base
- Ability to produce and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards.
- Operate company vehicles including Mercedes Sprinter van and pickup truck
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing
- Basic Windows computer skills including Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of R2 software
- Must be available out of normal business hours as business necessitates. Due to the nature of this position, you must also be able to work nights and weekends as necessary for the overall success of your show
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Minimum of 6 years field technician experience
- Minimum of 2 years proven success in a previous Account Executive or Event Producer position
- Must own protective footwear that conforms to the ANSI Z41-1999 standard for field work including site visits, and onsite production management.