Curtis Bay, MD
Candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Will be a part of assembling, loading, on site set up, take down and returning to shop of various audio, lighting, and staging equipment.
- Work in a warehouse environment involving prep and de-prep for shows and rentals.
- Work at indoor and outdoor show sites involving load-in, show run, and load-out
- Operate various industry standard equipment such as audio and lighting consoles, staging systems, intercom, lighting fixtures, and similar equipment
- Ability to take direction from a client, technical director, or producer and work as part of a team in a field and warehouse setting.
- Must possess technical, problem solving, and communication skills necessary in a dynamic, high pressure show environment
- Operate and troubleshoot single and three phase motor hoist systems
- Operate personnel and equipment lifts such as Genie AWP-30, and ST-25
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and fabricate XLR, DMX, multi-pin, Socapex, stage pin, NL4/NL8, Edison, Camlok and various other cable and connector types
- Work at elevated levels of 5 feet or higher using man lifts, ladders or catwalks
- Operate automatic and manual company vehicles up to 26-foot non-CDL box trucks
- Travel (including overnight stays) when required
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to performance of the primary functions, this position must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to produce and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards
- Lift a minimum of 75 pounds consistently
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card and a forklift operator certification. i.e. No Marijuana
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing
- Basic Windows computer skills including Microsoft Office; more specific skills with R2 will be necessary; training provided
- Due to the nature of this position, you must be able to work nights and weekends on short notice.
- Drug and Background tests will be performed prior to employment start
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety.
- Must own and wear protective footwear that conforms to the ANSI Z41-1999 standard
Rate Range: $18.00-$32.00/hr