Warehouse Operations Manager
Curtis Bay, MD
Sounds boring, doesn’t it?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced road/field technician to move into a more stable environment and schedule with upward mobility that doesn’t involve 24 hour work days, getting sunburned on an outdoor festival site, pulling feeder, parking 2 miles away from a job site, or living out of a backpack (or maybe in a van down by the river).
If terms like cheeseborough, feeder, XLR, mix riser, mic snake, moving head, stinger, truss, spanset and “Who is driving that truck?” have been a part of your vocabulary for a long time this position could be the next phase of your career. You can leverage all the years of experience, knowledge, and long days in this industry to continue to be a key player in interesting and diverse productions. We even have a refrigerator, microwave, and a bathroom that doesn’t arrive late on the back of a flatbed.
And as an added bonus you will participate in growing the largest tape ball in the production business!
- Supervise Technicians in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Work in a warehouse environment involving prep and de-prep for rentals and productions
- Analyze company schedule to make sure adequate resources are available for assigned tasks
- Enforce established security and safety programs
- Ensure compliance with shop paperwork protocols
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of equipment, shipping and receiving tasks, maintenance of company vehicles, & cleanliness and organization of the shop
- Be familiar with all tools, machinery and facilities in order to instruct and supervise in their proper and safe use
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the efficiency, operating quality and safety of the warehouse
- Actively participate in employee management to identify positive and negative employee qualities relating to: morale, training, customer relations, workmanship, procedure and policy compliance, company values, safety consciousness, ability to work with co-workers, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in hiring, training, reviewing, and coaching employees that work within the warehouse.
Additional required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Mandatory 15 or more years of experience in the following elements of entertainment industry production experience required:
- Staging Systems including Stageline, Staging Dimensions, and Scaffold
- Power distro
- Rigging systems including motor operation and maintenance
- Event Structures including vtowers, self-climbing truss systems, scaffold towers, risers, staging, etc.
- Exceptional skills in problem solving, decision-making, prioritizing work, organizing, and getting the necessary information from relevant sources
- Should have good people skills, be pleasant and courteous, and possess a great deal of patience when working under pressure
- General knowledge of audio systems, lighting and dimming equipment, staging systems, power, rigging, and other production equipment required
- Ability to produce and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and obtain a DOT Medical Card according to company vehicle driving standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing
- Basic Windows computer skills including Microsoft Office; more specific skills with R2.
- Applicant must be willing to relocate to the Baltimore metro area.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- College attendance preferred